10:00am - 10:30am Introduction to the Aadhaar ecosystem
10:30am - 11:00am Reporting on the verdict
11:00am - 11:15am Tea break
11:15am - 01:00pm Legal analysis
01:00pm - 02:00pm Lunch
02:00pm - 03:00pm Impact on the ground
03:00pm - 04:00pm Next steps
Some of the questions that we will seek to answer:
- How does the Aadhaar (judgment) affect democracy?
- Why is Aadhaar exclusionary?
- What are the laws that make Aadhaar a proof of identity and authorisation of financial and other transactions?
- Should fractured mandates with polarised views be heard by a larger bench?
- Can something declared as a constitutional fraud survive only on a numbers game?
- What prayers before the Supreme Court have remained unaddressed?
- What are the legal options open to address the verdict?
Questions impacting delivery of subsidies and benefits:
- Has exclusion been handled by the verdict?
- Does the verdict speak to the realities of existing marginalisations including caste, gender and sexuality?
- Have the databases driving our democracy been protected by the verdict?
- Are subsidies, benefits and services flowing to right persons and beneficiaries post the verdict?
- How are organisations undertaking KYC post verdict? Have they a roadmap to remove those onboard with Aadhaar and onboard those removed by Aadhaar?
- How are organizations/ financial institutions/state/public institutions delivering subsidies, benefits and services post the verdict?