Mar 2014 13
International Conference on Cyberlaw and Cybercrime
The conference is organised by Cyberlaws.net and Pavan Duggal & Associates. Anja Kovacs is a panelist on the panel on ‘Liabilities of Intermediaries, Service Providers and Corporates in Today’s Scenario – The Current and Future Paths’.
The objectives of the International Conference on Cyberlaw & Cybercrime are as follows:
- To identify the emerging cyberlaw trends and jurisprudence impacting cyberspace in today’s scenario.
- To create far more awareness about the newly emerging kinds of cybercrimes that are impacting all stakeholders in the digital and mobile ecosystem.
- To identify the areas in cybercrimes where cyberlaw needs to be further evolved so as to meet with the expectation and needs of the relevant stakeholders of the digital and mobile ecosystem.
- To work in the direction of creating an international network of cybercrimes and cyber-legal law professionals which could then be an important voice in the further development of cybercrimes and cyberlaw jurisprudence across the world.
The International Conference on Cyberlaw & Cybercrime will look at the emerging legal, policy and regulatory issues pertaining to cyberspace and cybercrimes.
Cybercrimes are now beginning to impact corporates in their new avatar. What are the major international cyberlaw and cybercrime trends? What kind of new manifestations of cybercrimes are beginning to emerge that corporate need to be careful of? What international best practices need to be kept in mind by corporates for protecting themselves from being victims of cybercrimes? What kind of overall anti-cybercrime strategies do corporates need to have in place? These and a variety of other issues are sought to be addressed in the International Conference on Cyberlaw & Cybercrime.
Co-panelists on the panel on intermediary liability include:
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice (Retd.) Rajesh Tandon, Former Chairperson, Cyber Appellate Tribunal
- Mr. Rajesh Agarwal, IT Secretary, Govt. of Maharashtra
- Mr. Rajesh Chharia President ISPAI
- Mr. Abhilash Nair, Northumbria University
- Mr. Sunil Abraham Executive Director the Centre for Internet and Society
- Dr. H K Hirve, CGM DIT, Reserve Bank of India, (RBI)