APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Are you a feminist interested in digital rights? Have you been dreaming of doing more to fight gendered online abuse? Are you keen on developing your skills in a range of areas, from social media advocacy to research?
Then the Internet Democracy Project wants to hear from you! We are expanding our work on online abuse, and are looking for an intern to join our small team.
You will be involved in a campaign around a new website we are launching to fight online abuse, a new research study we are initiating, and the organisation of a related national meeting.
We’re looking for someone who can spend around twenty hours a week, for four months (from September until December) with the following characteristics:
• You identify as a feminist.
• You have strong, demonstrable research and writing skills
• You have strong, demonstrable understanding of gender issues (extra credit if this includes an understanding of the intersection of gender issues with the Internet!)
• You have an interest in the potential of the Internet to contribute to social justice
• You are an excellent communicator, including on social media
• You are able to work independently or with minimal supervision and are flexible and highly organised.
• An open, creative bent of mind and a zest for learning new things is a must
Ideally you are based in Delhi or Bangalore, though, since we don’t have an office, we will accept applications from anywhere in the country. Seeing that we don’t have an office, you will also need a laptop and an Internet connection that you can use for work, and a space to work from.
To apply, please send us an email explain why you would be the perfect intern for us as well as a short cv and, if possible, a sample illustrating your research and/or communication skills, to Anja Kovacs (email@example.com). We will start evaluating applications immediately and will do so until the position is filled. We would like the candidate to start as soon as possible.
The Internet Democracy Project is an initiative at Point of View.
This is a paid internship.